Is a gynecologic condition affecting your health and quality of life? Many conditions can impact your well-being and daily life, such as:
- Severe pelvic pain
- Abnormal or very heavy bleeding
- Pelvic prolapse (falling/slipping of a pelvic organ(s))
Types of Surgery
When lifestyle changes, medicine or other treatments do not ease your symptoms, your doctor may suggest surgery. Surgery can include:
- Open surgery: done through one large incision
- Laparoscopic / robotic-assisted da Vinci Surgery: minimally invasive surgery is done through a few small incisions (or small belly button incision*)
Learn more about da Vinci Gynecologic Procedures:
- da Vinci Hysterectomy (Benign)
- da Vinci Single-Site Hysterectomy (Benign)
- da Vinci Hysterectomy (Cancer)
- da Vinci Endometriosis Resection
- da Vinci Myomectomy
- da Vinci Sacrocolpopexy
The da Vinci System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide. da Vinci technology – changing the experience of surgery for people around the world.
- To locate a da Vinci surgeon nearest you, use our surgeon locator.
- Learn more about the da Vinci Surgical System.
When Is Single-Site Technology Used and What Are the Risks?
da Vinci Surgery with Single-Site® Instruments is cleared for use in gallbladder removal, and for hysterectomy and ovary removal for benign conditions. Patients who are not candidates for non-robotic minimally invasive surgery are also not candidates for da Vinci Surgery, including da Vinci Surgery with Single-Site Instruments. There may be an increased risk of incision-site hernia with single-incision surgery, including Single-Site surgery with the da Vinci System.
Important Safety Information
Serious complications may occur in any surgery, including da Vinci® Surgery, up to and including death. Individual surgical results may vary. Patients should talk to their doctor to decide if da Vinci Surgery is right for them. Patients and doctors should review all available information on non-surgical and surgical options in order to make an informed decision. Please also refer to http://www.daVinciSurgery.com/Safety for Important Safety Information.
©2016 Intuitive Surgical, Inc. All rights reserved. Product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. The information on this website is intended for a United States audience only.